Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My new "project"

For quite a while now I've needed something creative to do with myself, and from the time I was a child, I've also wanted to have my own bakery or coffee shop. In addition to that, I really love to write. Well...life happens to all of us, and the bakery and coffee shop never became, and I'm not a famous author. But I still feel that need to construct or develop something while fullfilling some type of creativity in myself - all while working my full time job no less.

I've tried various things or small project ideas, none of which kept my interest or the interest of anyone I needed to help me with it. Homemade Gourmet, for example, was fun at first. But then you have the whole issue of no one booking parties or wanting to pay the prices. And I don't want to push sales of a company on my friends. I've also done numerous parties of all sorts for other people and have gotten a lot of free stuff, but again, nothing that filled my own creative void.

So I started thinking about what I really like to do. Something that won't seem like "work", since working all day and then coming home to wear myself out would not be fun. I have a friend who is very creative in her baking and crafts, and I am always in awe of her ideas. So with some of her projects in mind, I found something I want to try.

First, I already have my blog going and some writings I've done on the side. I plan to keep that up with all sorts of topics. Second, my project needed to be something that it not so full of detail that I don't enjoy doing it but instead easy and accessible to me and anyone who chose to be a customer, such as for a holiday or a birthday party. My choice is to begin with making different types of simple candies, suckers, and cake pops. I've got several molds ordered and some others chosen for the near future. When I hit my next payday, I plan to get some candy melts, almond barks, and cake mixes. Maybe it doesn't sound like a lot, or really that important to anyone else, but sometimes just the simple things in life, like watching someone enjoy something that you created, are the things that make us happy and fulfilled. So stay tuned. I've got some pics posted here that I found to illustrate what some of the ideas could be like. These are NOT my own pics, just ideas. Credit to the person who made them.



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment